GlobalNet Academy is committed to maintaining a continuous compliance regime under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Cth). We take our obligations under these standards very seriously.
Our obligations are part of the fundamental basis for all our other policies and procedures. All stakeholders in the organisation are made aware and reminded of our commitment to ensuring ongoing compliance with the standards and with providing quality outcomes for all those undertaking training and assessment with GlobalNet Academy.
We communicate changes to relevant registration and licensing bodies within 90 days of their occurrence, and in accordance with the requirements of those bodies for such notices, including but not limited to changes in:
- The executive officer or high managerial agent(s), or key positions
- Legal name or type of legal entity
- Ownership, directorship or control
- Anything that may affect the fit and proper person status of an influential representative of the RTO
- The financial viability of the organisation
- The entering into and conclusion of any third-party arrangements
- Locations and/or scope of delivery
National and State Regulators
GlobalNet Academy is committed to working proactively with both state and national training regulators. We will speedily comply with any reasonable request by ASQA or Skills Tasmania (or Skill Tasmania’s interstate equivalent where we are delivering training and/or assessment in other states).
- Provide accurate and truthful responses to the VET Regulator relevant to our registration
- Participate in the any audits and monitoring of our operations
- Provide quality / performance indicator data
- Provide details of material changes as outlined above
- Retain, retrieve and transfer student records as required
- Faithfully adhere to the terms and conditions of being an endorsed RTO in Tasmania
Fit and Proper Person test
We ensure that all senior staff are required to be subject to the fit and proper person test.
The CEO provides an annual declaration on compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 in accordance with the requirements of those Standards.
We do not collect more than $1500 in advance from students in any course.
We maintain compliance with our various legal obligations under Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation including but not limited to:
- The Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 (Cth)
- The Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (Tas)
- The relevant discrimination acts (Commonwealth and State)
- Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- Student Identifiers Act 2014 (Cth)
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010
We maintain continuous cover for public liability and professional indemnity through reputable insurance brokers. We are listed as a named entity on the relevant policies, including our full scope of registration and operations anywhere in Australia
We utilise AVETMISS compliant learner management system software to collect, collate and report on data required under the Standards. This system is also used to conduct Quality Indicator survey collection, reporting and analysis, and to support other reporting requirements.
As a small organisation, we ensure that the business is run in a financially prudent and conservative manner. Implementation of a sound and robust accounting and project management framework supports appropriate planning and resourcing for any projects the business undertakes.
Third Party Arrangements
Where we enter into arrangements with third parties for learner recruitment, training delivery and/or competency assessment on our behalf we ensure each third party is made fully aware of their obligations under our policies.
We codify these obligations in our written agreement with the third party and these agreements are reviewed in accordance with the performance management provisions in these agreements.
Where third party arrangements are entered into, we notify the VET Regulator within 30 calendar days of each agreement being entered into and terminated. In all cases involving third party arrangements, third parties are only allowed to use assessment materials provided or approved by us. We maintain a register of those materials and use this in performance monitoring activities.