Developing Leaders and Teams in Disability
GlobalNet Academy and its partners in the Disability Sector are delivering and implementing a set of highly impactful leadership workshops to selected leaders. The workshops will be practical and relevant with a focus on understanding principles and applying techniques and practices into your role in the workplace.
You will qualify if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You work in the Disability sector.
- You have been chosen by your organisation to participate in the program.
- You are currently leading a team or have been identified by your organisation as a future leader.
- You believe there are still things you can learn about yourself and about leading others.
Workshops will start on or about the start of October 2021. Workshops will be seperated by a 6 to 8 week period to minimise disruption and maximise impact and will be supported by up to two virtual sessions to help individuals with assessments, facilitate and encourage networking and the sharing of ideas and experiences.
Workshops will start at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00pm.
All workshop fees will be covered through a combination of Skills Fund funding and fees charged to the participating organisations. There is no charge to participating students.
As this course is Free to participating students, places are limited and subject to approval by your organisation and GlobalNet Academy.
You should only register if you are prepared to commit to attending the two (2) workshops AND completing your assessments.
There are no entry requirements to the course, except to qualify as detailed in our Qualifying for this course section.
Workshop 1: Understanding Self & Communication
Learn how to understand and appreciate your own emotions and the emotional triggers of others in the workplace. We explore effective communication techniques.and inclusive and interpersonal communication. Learn how to adapt your communication, give and receive feedback in the workplace to enhance your ability to communicate with influence.
- An understanding of your own emotions and triggers and the impacts these can have on others.
- An understanding of how to apply emotional intelligence principles in the workplace.
- Being able to apply emotional intelligence techniques that support flexibility and consideration of others and reduce stress.
- Being able to apply effective interpersonal communication techniques that support inclusivity.
- Being able to apply problem solving techniques to reduce communication barriers.
- Being able to apply effective feedback techniques that encourage participation and engagement.
Underpinning Units of Competency
- BSBPEF502 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplace
Workshop 2: Leading Effective Teams
Leading a team can be challenging. Team members all need to be working cohesively and heading in the same direction. Learn how to motivate, mentor, coach and develop your team to get the best out of them. Apply effective planning, communication and feedback techniques to better support your team to achieve business goals and objectives, increasing the productivity, effectiveness and well-being of your team.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively to help teams better understand responsibilities, manage conflict, give and receive feedback and improve workplace behaviours.
- Understand brainstorming, problem-solving, coaching and mentoring techniqes to support and develop teams and individuals.
- Learn how to effectively allocate tasks and responsibilities necessary to achieving workplace goals and objectives.
- Understand how to plan for contingencies, measure performance and implement action plans to increase productivity and team well-being.
Underpinning Units of Competency
Where do these units come from?
The units in these workshops have been taken from the BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification. If you successfully complete these units, you can count them towards obtaining a full Certificate IV in Leadership and Management if you undertake further training in that qualification in the future.
Each of the units in the workshops may include two or more of the following types of assessments:
- Short written answers to questions – question and answer style testing (can be completed online in your own time).
- Projects – group or individual, may be practical or research based.
- Assignments – research topic and provide a written response.
- Demonstration – you will be observed doing tasks.
- If required, other assessment methods may be used for students (eg verbal tests instead of short written tests).
- Testimonials from work placement supervisor.
- Photographic and other media evidence.
We will provide you with the information about the assessment at the commencement of the workshops.
You will be required to practice what you have learned in your workplace and to complete the practical assessments after the workshops. We recommend that you set aside at least an additional day per workshop in order to complete your assessments. Many assessments can be done over time and we encourage students to use the assessments as practical tools in their workplace in order to develop their competence. You should negotiate with your supervisor about the time you may need to complete assessments.
You will only need to bring a pen and your own lunch. Morning tea and tea and coffee will be provided.
At a Glance
Selected units from the BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
A tailored set of two (2) workshops, delivered and implemented in a highly impactful program to selected leaders. seperated by a 6 to 8 week period to minimise disruption and maximise impact. Both workshops will be supported by up to two virtual sessions to help individuals with assessments, facilitate and encourage networking and the sharing of ideas and experiences.
Sponsored by organisations and Skills Fund Funding.
- Leading Teams: Front-Line Managers and Supervisors – Reporting to a manager / supervisor and responsible for front-line teams, but not responsible for policy development or review.
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment if you complete one or more units of competence in this course.