Communicating Financially for NILS
NILS has developed this course in conjunction with GlobalNet Academy (RTO 60058) to provide NILS Loans Officers with advanced training to help in their work with clients. The course aims to increase their communication skills when working with NILS clients. This FREE course for NILS Loans Offers will focus on helping Loans Officers have financial conversations with clients wanting to apply for NILS Loans.
This course has been developed in conjunction with NILS Tasmania to help NILS volunteers have budget conversations with those applying for loans. Participants will be provided with the opportunity to build upon their existing knowledge and skills as NILS Loans Officers. It will cover topics such as
- Barriers to communication
- Approaching difficult conversations
- Helping people feel comfortable
- Feedback and 2 way communication
- Being respectful
- Understanding client needs
- Helping others understand their responsibilities
- Directing clients to additiional support as required
- Keeping records
NILS Loans Officers who successfully complete the course will gain three nationally recognised units of competency that can be used towards a formal qualification in leadership and management:
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplaceBSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
This program is funded by Skills Tasmania and the NILS Network of Tasmania.
Only NILS loan officers who have been sent an invitation to enrol may enrol in this course. If you would like further information about the course or have any questions please contact John or Melissa at the NILS Network.
When will classes be held?
There will be two workshops for this course. The dates for the two workshops are yet to be determined, but will run in early 2021.
It is expected that participants will commit to attending the two day workshop and to completing all assessment requirements in order to gain the three units of competency.
Participants will be asked to complete and/or provide the following:
- Practical assessment tasks completed during the workshop related to content covered
- A small portfolio of evidence related to work based activities
- An interview with the trainer/assessor to complete assessment requirements.